Out of the box thinking with attitude
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Weirding people out since 2006.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Good, Bad, I'm the One with the Blog

I've seen Army of Darkness about a bazillion (definition: slightly higher than infinity, but smaller than "enough") times. Ash has got to be one of my all time favorite idiots, and face it, there's hardly a dumber guy on the planet. Case in point: "Three books? I didn't know there would be three books!" which is followed up by two of them attacking him, the second of which he places the NON-groovy (or, for those few of you who have the misfortune of not seeing this movie. Yeah, all three of you, his non-metallic) hand on. You think he would have learned that these books are vicious...but noooooooooooooo.

But that's just the way he is.

However, the real reason I love this movie is because of Bruce Campbell. That voice, that face, the way he can reverse act (sorry, I'm not going to explain that concept for ya, you'll have to buy the original version of the AOD DVD to find out). Yummy, yummy, droolalicious and so much more.

In fact, I'm such a huge fan of his that I actually sat through the entire film of "Alien Apocalypse" not once, but twice. Now that's devotion. Sorry, Brucie, but that film was physically painful to watch. You, however, were glorious in it.

I've said all this to let the small handful of you who read this blog (as of this writing, it's about 6 folks, and two of 'em are my kids) that I do adore Bruce Campbell, and I always will (from afar, unless of course, he happens to show up in Wisconsin, at which point I'd probably just drool all over his feet). And while he was absolutely wonderful as Ash, and I definitely do not want anyone else playing him on the screen, there was a play. Very local, very private, but it was a priceless remake, or should I say "redoing" of Army of Darkness.

Sure, Spinach Chin died (for being annoying, but don't worry "Some Other Guy" shows up later [and yes, that was the name of the character]), and all the bits were out of order, but oh lawdy it was hysterical, and priceless, and all sorts of other adjectives...

Including "precious," in case you haven't figured it out yet, this was a play done for me by my two children. So, while Bruce's place as everyone else's Ash is solid, at my household, he's got some competition.

No comments: