Out of the box thinking with attitude
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Weirding people out since 2006.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Being Spidey...Well, Sort of

From the time I was eight until almost ten, I had this thing for Spiderman. Well, as much as any pre-pubescent can have a "thing" for a comic book hero. I bugged my parents for anything and everything to do with Spiderman. I didn't just want to date Spidey, I wanted to be Spidey.

The fact that Spiderman was a male and I was a female was but a minor nuisance that I figured I could work with. Not around, or overcome, but deal with. Kinda like I'd deal with being a grown-up when I got to that point.

And then, I did grow-up, and I deal with it. Well, more or less. And I still want to be Spidey. Not literally (especially since that would involve a much closer relationship with a spider than I'd ever want), and I sure as heck don't want to go around saving people (too many of 'em anyway, and most of those don't deserve saving), but there's some things about him I never stopped wanting to be.

Y'know, like that part of Spidey that always had that internal struggle as to whether or not he wanted to be a hero, but in the end he always made the right decision even when he doubted himself. That would be cool. I seem to have the opposite problem, I'm always sure of myself even though a lot of times I make the wrong decisions.

But a gal can always dream.

No comments: